johnnie walker blue label ghost and rare
Johnnie Walker’s most prestigious whisky. Probably THE most famous super-premium blend, made up of the finest old-aged malt and grain whiskies. The Cristal of the blended whisky world. Blue Label’s bold, multi-layered palate and silky delivery ensure that it sits unchallenged at the top of the Johnnie Walker pile.
Producer’s Tasting Notes
- NOSEA mellow, rounded nose, with a dry smokiness (a Johnnie Walker signature flavour) mixed with raisin sweetness.
- PALATE The first sip reveals a velvety mouthfeel, then an explosion of flavour – hazelnuts, honey, rose petals, sherry and oranges. Subsequent sips reward you with more hidden secrets like kumquats, wispy aromatic smoke, sandalwood, tobacco, and dark chocolate.
- FINISH A rich and uniquely long and satisfying finish of smoke and pepper, ending with a glorious touch of spice.
Tasting Notes by Tim F
- NOSE Smooth, silky cereal, syrupy flapjacks, polished oak. Desiccated coconut, then other nutty notes: unsalted peanut, brazil nut.
- PALATEA silky caress. Unexpectedly strong spicy entry, but always honeyed and rounded by some toasty oak. The honeyed malt is beautifully interwoven around the venerable grain, which must be absolutely ancient.
- FINISH A perfectly-integrated slow fade of the palate. Mouthwatering grain, and the honey and spices dwindle slowly. Extremely long but still very gentle.